At Luko, Lukooms’ forces are divided into 5 tribes, set up on a product-based organisation. Each tribe constitutes several cross-functional squads (product + engineering + design) and executes towards its own roadmap for customer and business impact.
User Acquisition tribe focuses on Luko’s growth via the acquisition of new customers
Moment of Truth tribe aims at delighting our users throughout the whole life of their contract - claims included
New Launch tribe focuses on launching new products, services and markets
User Life tribe maximises customer touchpoints by creating engagement opportunities. They are a home care partner guiding customers to the right solution
Core Insurance tribe owns all the products and features in order to support Luko's Insurance activities, from regulation to tech
Your mission in the team:
Luko's mission is to protect homes while providing the best user experience. You will be in charge of that mission by working on our mobile app.
By joining our mobile development team as Staff Engineer - Mobile App, you will make an impact by:
- Being a maker and ambassador of high-quality technical solutions in the Mobile App Core Team
- Mentoring other back-end engineers helping them find solutions and grow
- Implementing high-quality and well-designed technology solutions helping engineers from the product teams to move faster, comply with operational metrics and minimise the change of creating technical debt
- Collaborating with the mobile Guild Lead and other engineers to strategise and develop a long-term roadmap enhancing our mobile app technology focusing on our long-term goals
- Ensure that best practices and architectural principles (decisions) are understood and followed by all engineers
- Being a happy Lukoum :-)!
We have huge ambitions and we rely on you to help us make a difference for our users thanks to your technical knowledge and experience. 💪 We are very proud of the speed of execution at Luko. It is a key to our success and we count on you to pursue this through rigour and creativity.
Who are you?
- You have 10+ years of experience in building scalable systems with 5+ years building mobile products
- You have 5+ years of experience in a senior engineering role, preferably as Staff Engineer in a customer-centric technology company, working on mobile applications with 3+ years actively using React Native.
- You are an expert in React Native, TypeScript, Css-JS and Flexbox.
- You have solid experience with native environment (XCode, Android Studio, Cocoapods, Gradle).
- You have an extensive experience with a few libs and frameworks (React Query, Detox, npm).
- You are an advocate and strong practitioner of automated testing from unit to e2e.
- You have been building mobile apps in a continuous integration environment with full monitoring for years.
- You have a solid understanding of back-end engineering concepts and API design and development.
- You are pragmatic, open-minded, autonomous and able to get others along with you.
- You are very comfortable working with other engineers helping them grow and become better at what they do.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
What we expect from you?
- Design and implement systems and frameworks that can succeed long term
- Consistently delivery high-quality work
- Mentor other engineers in your team and other teams
- Identify ways to reduce friction, distractions and unplanned work for yourself and others
- Challenge other engineers to demonstrate healthy sense of urgency
- Coordinate tools, frameworks and architectural decision-making within your team/chapter
- Complete entire technical initiatives owning the e2e execution from identifying the problems to making the final decision
- Connect the work done by you and the team to quarterly tribe and business OKRs
- Investigate mistakes, identify the root causes and draw lessons learnt (FLS)
- Be flexible and put customer needs first
- Be active in the technical community (4+ publications annually) and positively contribute to Luko’s reputation
- 1st introduction call
- Technical quiz
- Hiring manager interview
- Technical case (discussed async)
- Assessment day (up-to four hours)
- Behavioural interview
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Benefit from a great equity plan
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris and Madrid
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english. But if you can’t, a french-speaking Talent Acquisition Manager will review your application.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. You can read more about this in our handbook.