Your mission in the team:
With a strong legal background, you will be the Senior Legal Counsel in France and responsible for legal & compliance as well as topics raised by the risks team, to ensure Luko strikes the best risk-reward balance.
You will be the senior legal expert within Luko, always assessing risk and upside opportunity as a true business partner, a key touchpoint for the regulator, you will support all teams in their development when it comes to legal and compliance matters.
What you will do
Develop and implement the legal & compliance strategy to best fit Luko's current and future business model and structure, raise awareness among management and all teams and propose actions to secure the business' development
- Support corporate activities, including M&A activities, fundraising, development of stock option programs, legal support of the management and supervisory board
- Regularly monitor the effectiveness of the legal & compliance strategy and manage compliance issues, contribute to audits' management, and support the risk functions, to ensure that Luko's activities are handled safely and risk awareness is spread amongst Lukooms
Lead contract negotiation and management at Luko: develop templates where possible, support all major contract negotiation, provide guidelines and training for general contract matter to all Luko staff, centralise documentation and ensure regular review, trigger reviews and renegotiation when possible, etc
- Act like an owner, be a partner to all teams at Luko and be embedded in the processes of developing business and commercial activities at Luko (Marketing, IT, Procurement etc.)
- Own and centralise counsels' solicitations
Lead procedure for any conflictual relationship (client, provider, partner, competitor), including complaints management, in line with Luko's guidelines and policies
- Drive innovation and automation where possible, identify legal/market opportunities Luko can seize and be a true business enabler
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience as an in-house counsel (preferably in a regulated industry, but not mandatory) or law firm
- Substantial legal expertise, including commercial, corporate, insurance, IT
- Confident handling all corporate and commercial issues, including a good understanding of VC functioning
- Compliance knowledge in key matters such as GDPR, DDA, Solvency II
- A self-driven attitude, you are empowered, curious, innovative, business-oriented & a business enabler
- Experience leading a similar function preferably in a growth / scaling organisation and / or demonstrate natural leadership skills
- An ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with many different groups of people within Luko as well as with external partners
- Skills in translating legal requirements into business language and implementing simple & clear solutions.
- A natural ability to work well under pressure, with a good risk appetite
- Knowledge of regulator expectations and confidence handling such processes
Language: English & French mandatory, another language would be appreciated
Nice to have
- Experience in or related to the Tech/ Startup/ Scaleup scene
- Understanding of the Insurtech environment
- Screening call
- Hiring Manager Interview with Margaux Gregoir (VP of Finance)
- Case study & review
- Behavioural Interview with Stella Walter (VP of People)
- Cultural Interview with Raphael Vullierme (Cofounder)
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Benefit from a great equity plan
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris and Madrid
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english. But if you can’t, a french-speaking Talent Acquisition Manager will review your application.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive.