Your mission in the team:
Luko's mission is to protect homes while providing the best user experience. You will be in charge of that mission by working on our back-end systems and other products.
By joining our quality assistance team as Senior Engineer - Quality (Back-end), you will make an impact by:
- Being a happy Lukoum :-)!
- Being a maker in the engineering chapter team that helps all product software engineers learn how to build high-quality software using best practices and tools
- Implementing complex automated tests (functional, performance, e2e)
- Implementing tools and processes for all back-end software engineers to use
- Participating in team rituals helping to identify quality risks and the best way to tackle them
- Identifying critical paths and edge cases covering them with automated test cases
- Collaborating with software engineers, designers and product managers
- Coaching software engineers and various stakeholders on the best practices of ensuring high-quality of our software
We have huge ambitions and we rely on you to help us make a difference for our users thanks to your technical knowledge and experience. 💪 We are very proud of the speed of execution at Luko. It is a key to our success and we count on you to pursue this through rigour and creativity.
Who are you?
- You have solid experience with QA strategies for ensuring back-end systems' quality in development, pre-prodction and production environments
- You are an advocate and strong practitioner of automated testing from unit to e2e.
- You have solid experience with identifying critical application paths and edge cases
- You have experience with Python 3, Flask, MySQL, Lambda, Zappa, and AWS.
- You have experience working with CI with full monitoring (ELK, Amplitude).
- (advantage) You have experience with testing mobile applications.
- (advantage) You have experience with testing web aplications.
- You are able to multitask and manage competing priorities.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have excellent command of English (written and spoken)
What we expect from you?
- Own, estimate and fully complete (moderately) complex QA projects
- Own the QA aspects of large features or parts of the code
- Complete your work timely and with high-quality
- Solve escalated problems or production incidents that require complex investigation
- Conduct root cause analysis, monitor and ensure follow-up
- Deal with ambiguity, organise your work and help less experienced peers
- Pro-actively update management on progress using the most appropriate medium
- Work with all prodct engineering teams and coach software engineers in the best practices of building quality software
- Demolish roadblocks and unblock yourself and others
- Actively participate in the hiring process
- Technical test (30-40 min)
- 1st introduction call
- HM interview (Anton)
- Technical case
- Technical interview
- Team-fit interview
- Reference check & Offer
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris and Madrid
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.