Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko's mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 2 years, we have convinced over 150,000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 130+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
Are you ready to join our journey?
At Luko, Lukooms’ forces are divided into 3 tribes, set up on a product-based organisation. Each tribe has its own roadmap with a product manager and a dedicated tech team: The MRR tribe that focuses on Luko’s growth via the acquisition of new customers, the NPS tribe is aimed at delighting our users throughout the whole life of their contract - claims included, and the TPM tribe that works on building the best-connected devices and services to protect our homes.
Your mission in the team:
- Be in charge of Luko's data at rest (data lake & data warehouse): participate in the design of our data models (for optimal storage & retrieval, but also meeting product and business requirements) & monitor & improve data quality & reliability
- Develop and monitor data processing pipelines (batch and streaming) to drive Luko business growth, improve the product experience & collaborate with other teams (namely, machine learning)
Who are you?
- Solid experience in a similar role with a proven track record of building, maintaining and optimizing data pipelines (experience in Airflow, dbt, Spark and a messaging system is a plus)
- Absolute expertise in at least one SQL dialect, with strong experience handling large datasets
- Strong expertise in Python
- Strong experience in monitoring and improving the scalability & reliability of data pipelines
- Strong experience in providing business-oriented data models & schemas, and database programming
- Strong experience in the cloud (AWS, Kubernetes & terraform are a plus)
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Experience on Data Governance questions is a plus
- Result-oriented and focus on the value created by your developments
- Ability to take ownership and be a technical lead to potentially lead the data engineering team in the future
- Careful attention to detail
Language: Fluent English
*Screening call with Hiring Manager
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest-growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Benefit from a great equity plan
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris and Madrid
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken). Therefore, we would appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in English. But if you can’t, a french-speaking Talent Acquisition Manager will review your application.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive.