As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will join our data team - a cross-functional team (with analysts, engineers & machine learning engineers) - whose mission is to supply Lukooms, stakeholders & customers, with trusted data and data services that are easy to use to unlock growth & quality of services.
Your mission in the team?
As a ML Engineer at Luko, your mission will be to :
- Own ML models end-to-end, from collecting training data to deploying in production;
- Develop and maintain solutions running in production for real-world problems;
- Follow AI/ML research and apply it to create and improve models in production;
- Bring algorithms and models research into practice;
- Be responsible for the quality and ongoing evaluation of the ML models;
- Working closely with the application teams to successfully integrate models into our product;
- Be proactive to propose innovative solutions to tribes.
What you will need to be successful?
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Machine Learning (PhD counted as experience);
- A solid understanding of Maths and CS fundamentals;
- Solid analytical and advanced statistical skills;
- Coding skills in one or more general-purpose languages (Java, C/C++, Python, etc.);
- Ability to perform applied research projects and bring them to production;
- Professional experience with Tensorflow/Pytorch or other popular ML framework;
- Being a team player with clear communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
➕ Bonus if you also have :
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning or Supply/Demand modeling
- Proven experience to translate insights into business recommendations
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team
- Offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Learning and development course
- Free books
- Unlimited days off policy
- Remote-friendly policy
The Recruitment Process?
1. Quick quiz on coding & ML - to evaluate basic coding and statistics knowledge
2. First interview/ Introduction call with Issa our ML Lead.
3. Live Coding and ML interview with the ML team (Meet with Frederic & Mathieu)
4. Lukofit interview and final discussion with Alison (Talent Acquisition Manager) & Charles (VP Data)
Who are we?
Luko is the #1 insurtech in France and Europe. On top of being an insurer, Luko is also a life partner making home insurance simple and transparent, while empowering thousands of policyholders into taking care of their homes on a daily basis.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience, and transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
But Luko is not just about insuring, it is also about building an insurance serving society and preventing issues. This led us to implement the Giveback into our business model and to develop home care services to help millions of Europeans take care of their home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 400 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion, and diversity within the teams.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken). We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in English.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do, and how we work.
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.