At Luko, Lukooms’ forces are divided into 5 tribes, set up in a product-based organisation. Each tribe constitutes several cross-functional squads (product + engineering + design) and executes towards its own roadmap for customer and business impact.
User Acquisition tribe focuses on Luko’s growth via the acquisition of new customers
Moment of Truth tribe aims at delighting our users throughout the whole life of their contract - claims included
New Business tribe focuses on launching new products, services and markets
User Life tribe maximises customer touchpoints by creating engagement opportunities. They are a home care partner guiding customers to the right solution
CoreInsurance tribe owns all the products and features in order to support Luko's Insurance activities, from regulation to tech.
Those tribes wouldn't be able to work without the data team, a cross-functional team (with analysts, engineers & machine learning engineers) whose mission is to supply Lukooms, stakeholders & customers, with trusted data and data services that are easy to use to unlock growth & quality of services.
Your mission in the Machine Learning team
- Owning ML models end-to-end, from collecting training data to deploying in production
- Develop and maintain solutions running in production for real-world problems
- Following AI/ML research and applying it to create and improve models in production
- Bringing algorithms and models research into practice
- Responsible for the quality and ongoing evaluation of the ML models
- Working closely with the application teams to successfully integrate models into our product
- Be proactive to propose innovative solutions to tribes
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Machine Learning (PhD counted as experience)
- You have a solid understanding of Maths and CS fundamentals
- You have strong analytical and advanced statistical skills
- You have strong coding skills in one or more general-purpose languages (Java, C/C++, Python, etc.)
- You are able to perform applied research projects and bring them to production
- You have professional experience with Tensorflow/Pytorch or other popular ML framework
- You are a team player with strong communication skills
- You are proficient in English (written and spoken)
Nice to have
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning or Supply/Demand modeling is a plus
- Proven experience to translate insights into business recommendations
- Intro call with one member of the ML team
- Live coding + Interview with the ML team
- Interview with Product Manager & Engineering Manager
- Behavioural interview
- Cultural-fit interview
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest-growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris and Madrid
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in English.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. You can read more about this in our handbook.