📍 Role based in Paris
Your mission in the team:
As a General Accountant, you will be joining the Finance Team and working on many duties.
You will be responsible for:
- the daily bookkeeping for our entities in France & Germany;
- the preparation of tax returns;
- the preparation of the monthly closing for all our entities;
- the preparation of financial statements on a monthly basis;
- the preparation of our analytical P&L & cash report;
- analyzing discrepancies and resolving accounting issues;
- ensuring the accuracy of our financial data;
You will assist on :
- providing an analysis of financial accounts;
- developing and maintaining internal control policies and procedures;
- taxation issues;
- supporting the team during external audit processes;
- liaising with other stakeholders & auditors;
- the preparation of our statutory accounts;
- other ad-hoc tasks as the Accounting team is at a crossroads of many things;
These duties can be punctuated by some specific missions on a monthly basis or quarterly basis. You will be a reliable contributor and have continuous learning.
It's a unique opportunity to take a closer look inside a fast-growing start-up with huge ambitions!
What do we recommend to be successful?
- Degree in accounting, management, finance, or audit;
- Previous experience (internships, apprenticeship or work-study) in accounting, finance, or audit (external accounting/audit firm or within a finance team). A previous experience in the insurance industry (insurer or broker) or financial services is a plus but not mandatory;
- Good knowledge of general french accounting, willing to learn other accounting frameworks (foreign GAAP, insurance technical accounting);
- At ease with Office or Google suit, previous experience with accounting software/ERP is a plus but not mandatory;
- Eager to work closely with your team and the whole firm in a fast-paced environment;
- Curiosity, optimism, achiever mindset;
- Interested in the start-up ecosystem;
- Language: French and English mandatory.
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team
- Offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Mental health support
- Learning and development course
- Free books policy
- Unlimited days off
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Yasmine (our Senior Accountant)
2. Case study + debrief with the team: Victor (Accounting Lead) & Ignacio (FP&A Analyst)
3. Lukofit interview with Alison, from the People team
Who are we?
Luko is the #1 insurtech in France and Europe. On top of being an insurer, Luko is also a life partner making home insurance simple and transparent, while empowering thousands of policyholders into taking care of their homes on a daily basis.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience, and transforming insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
But Luko is not just about insuring, it is also about building an insurance serving society and preventing issues. This led us to implement the Giveback into our business model and to develop home care services to help millions of Europeans take care of their home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 400 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion, and diversity within the teams.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken). We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in English.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do, and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.