Your mission in the team:
As Financial Controller, you will report directly to the CFO, being the right arm to build the financial control of Luko. Your responsibilities will be to :
- Take part in the reshaping of our accounting processes, standardizing our account receivable lines (our core business);
- Shape the controlling procedures of the Finance department;
- Be in charge of the first level of control within the finance function, and participate in the second level of control with the risk management team;
- Make sure accounting is well coordinated in all countries;
- Participate in our first consolidation exercise;
- Anticipate the mutation from Standard accounting to Insurance group accounting.
What do we recommend to be successful?
- 3 to 5 years of work experience, with at least 3 years FSI Audit experience in a big 4 and ideally 3 years in the Finance/Accounting department of an Insurance or Bank organization.
- Ability to tackle topics of high-level complexity, and also get hands dirty because of our stage of development
- A good understanding of IFRS & French GAAP and technical accounting experience is critical
- Ability to adapt to all situations and a certain maturity to understand the confidentiality issues of the position.
- English is a must-have
- You are a real team player!
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team & Offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Health Insurance
- Learning and development course
- Free books policy
- Unlimited days off
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Francis (our CFO)
2. Team Fit interview with Alexander (our Head of Finance Germany) and Yasmine (our Senior Accountant)
3. Technical interview with Marie-Ange (our VP Actuary)
4. Lukofit interview with Alison (People Partner)
Who are we?
Luko is the #1 insurtech in France and Europe. On top of being an insurer, Luko is also a life partner making home insurance simple and transparent, while empowering thousands of policyholders into taking care of their homes on a daily basis.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience, and transforming insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
But Luko is not just about insuring, it is also about building an insurance serving society and preventing issues. This led us to implement the Giveback into our business model and to develop home care services to help millions of Europeans take care of their home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 400 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion, and diversity within the teams.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.